Okay guys, today I wanted to share my hairstyle for the summer months with you! As a result of pure boredom, loads of time, and no power from the severe weather last week in Alabama (read about that here), I made the decision to change up my hair to make life a tad easier. I have short relaxed hair that I couldn't really do anything with during the power outage so I was going crazy.
My good friend Meygan and I were staying together with some family during the power failure, and thankfully she agreed to help me with my hair. Meygan is currently transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair and has had some yarn braids in her hair for a little over a month now. During this time we've noticed that the older these braids get, the better they look! After seeing how well her yarn braids were keeping up, I knew that it would be something that I would eventually try. So with all of the time that we had, Meygan and I started to put the yarn braids in my hair one evening before it got dark and finished it the next day. Now, it's been a few days and I'm loving these braids!
This hairstyle makes me happy because yarn is inexpensive and I'm also excited because the braids are considered to be a protective style (which is GREAT for summer time). I will post more pictures later so that you all can get a better look at what's going on.
Til next time,
Bunni

I love it! You look so pretty :) Maybe one day I will have enough hair to actually braid lol
ReplyDeleteLOL!! Thank you Keesha! :D
ReplyDelete